5 Signs That You Need New WindowsMay 5th, 2015
1. Your windows are drafty. They may be un-insulated, single pane glass. If you can feel air moving around your windows, it’s probably time to replace them. With today’s energy costs, you can’t afford to have windows that are not energy efficient.
2. They don’t operate properly. They won’t stay up or don’t latch. If they don’t latch properly, then they aren’t sealed efficiently. Unlatched windows are also a safety concern.
3. Condensation forms between the panes of glass. This is a sign that the seal on the window has failed or the glass is warped and the panes of glass are too close together. Either way, they are compromised and not performing the way they were designed.
4. You hear everything that is going on outside. New windows help lessen noise pollution. Properly sealed windows muffle unwanted noise.
5. You have to go outside to clean your windows. It can be a lot of work and potentially dangerous to clean your windows off of a ladder. If this is a problem for you, it’s time to replace your windows with new windows that tip in for easy cleaning.
This article was written by +Jamie Heinrichs